Bard Townhouse FAQs
SCHEDULING A VISIT
- How can I see an available apartment? Just call our office at 717-530-7500 and we would be happy to schedule a tour! You can also contact us through the website or Facebook.
- Do I need to already have roommates or can a roommate be provided? We can offer roommate matching if you do not have roommates already.
- Is there a model room I can see? Yes.
- Are these units furnished? The units are furnished with a couch, chair, and coffee table in the living area and a desk and chair, a dresser, and full size extra long bed in each bedroom.
- What appliances are included? Each unit has a stove and refrigerator. Two-bedroom units have a dishwasher as well.
- Will I have a private bedroom? Yes.
- Will I have a private bathroom? The bathrooms are not private.
- Is parking available on site? Yes, we have off-street parking.
- How far from campus is your facility? We are within walking distance from campus and have two paths on property leading directly to Shippensburg University.
- Is there a bus that picks students up? There is a bus that picks up any resident and goes several places throughout the town.
- Are animals allowed? We are pet friendly. Please ask us about additional fees and restrictions.
- Are there laundry facilities? We have a large laundry facility with vending machines and a lounge area.
- How does laundry work? The machines are operated using any credit or debit card.
- What size are the beds? They are full size extra long beds.
- Is there wireless internet in the rooms? Yes, we have wireless internet and its included in the rent.
- Is Bard exclusively for students? No, we have residential options in addition to student rentals.
PAYMENTS & FEES
- Are utilities included in the rental amount? Yes, we have all-inclusive prices.
- What is included in my rent payment? Water, sewer, trash, electric, internet, cable, and parking.
- Is there a security deposit? Yes, we do require a security deposit.
- When do I pay rent? Rent is due the 1st of every month.
- How do I pay rent? We can accept any form of payment except for cash. You can also pay through the app.
- Is there an application fee to apply for an apartment? We do have a $25.00 application fee.
- Can grants, scholarships, student loans, or financial aid be applied towards rent? Absolutely.
- When would I move in? Our leases start in August before the semester would start.
- How long is a lease term? We can do 6, 10, or 12 installment leases.
- Do you perform background or credit checks during the application process? We do perform background checks for anyone applying to live with us.
- Am I required to carry renter’s insurance? We do recommend it.
- What happens if I sign a lease and then decide to go to school elsewhere? The lease is a legally binding document and you would be responsible for the full financial term.
- What happens if I sign a lease and then I am not accepted to the college? It is not a requirement to be a student to live at Bard. The lease is a legally binding document and you would be responsible for the full financial term.
- What is a "renewal?" A renewal is when you decide to extend your current lease for an additional lease term.
- If I renew, do I have to move out then move back in? No. If you have a 10-installment lease, we can allow for free summer storage, if you have a 12 installment lease you can continue to have access to your unit.
- I just moved in, is it too early to renew? No.
- How do I renew? Please contact our office for the paperwork that you would need to sign.
- Can guests/ visitors stay overnight? Absolutely. Our guest policy is that overnight guests may not stay longer than 3 consecutive days not to exceed 3 times in one month.
- May I paint the living room/ kitchen area/bedroom area? We do not allow you to paint the units but we do allow for small nails or tacks to be used to hang things in the home.
- Do I need to bring my own bedding or window treatments? Yes, we do provide the furniture but not the bedding.
- Can I nail pictures to the wall? You can, we just ask that you do not use command strips.
- How should mail and packages be addressed? Please use your unit number and then Bard Rd Shippensburg PA 17257.
I love the fact that everything is included in student rent such as electricity and internet. It is close to campus and has nice facilities. The manager is always friendly and accommodating. When we had a roommate issue, she was more than willing to work with us.- Google
Bard is a nice and convenient place to live. Its located right across from the university and has a lighted pathway to campus which is great. The staff are friendly and show they care about their residents. The best part about living at Bard is that it is all inclusive pricing and is more homey than a general apartment style.- Google
I have been living at Bard for about a year now. The staff is very personable and easy to talk to. Maintenance staff is always on top of things and are very friendly as well. They definitely go out of their way to help. I love everything about living here. The community, the staff, the price and how it is all inclusive, and the layout of the houses! Definitely would recommend living here.- Google
Very peaceful and quiet. All neighbors are friendly and keep to theirselves. Not many issues with the house. It is in the best condition for a simple college student off-campus housing.- Facebook
Nice apartments with a fun "club house" that is equipped with video games, computers, and a pool table. There is on-site laundry and a mailroom.- Google
Very welcoming. Great location for students. The faculty are always on top of it when it comes to requests. I would recommend this to friends.- Yelp